Fix Email Errors In Spam When Sending Mail From cPanel Hosting
Causes of emailing spam
There are two main reasons that email sent from a host is often marked spam:
Shared hosts often use shared IPs, which means that many blogs/websites on a server share an IP. If one of those blogs/websites spam email then the IP of the server will be marked. And of course, all blogs/websites sharing the same IP will share the same fate. Therefore, you need to choose a reputable hosting provider and have a strict management policy in sending emails.
Your domain has not been verified with DKIM and SPF should be suspected by spam mails as spam filters.
What are DKIM and SPF? – Fix Email Errors In Spam
SPF and DKIM are the two most popular methods of email authentication. They are built for the purpose of confirming the email being sent as “owner”. However, each approaches this task in different ways and have their own unique character.
What is DKIM?
DomainKeys Identified Mail ( DKIM ) encrypts some of the email’s data (such as From, Subject, Date, Message-ID, To …) into a string of characters (called email signatures). When the email is sent, the receiving server will match this signature with the configuration configured through the DNS of the domain name to confirm. Since only domain owners can configure DNS, this signature cannot be spoofed.
What is SPF?
The Sender Policy Framework ( SPF ) is a relatively simple system that uses the TXT record entries in the domain’s DNS to determine what the server is allowed to send. Most server-side spam filters (like SpamAssassin ) use SPF to filter incoming messages.
Fix Email Errors In Spam
Setting up DKIM and SPF for your domain name is one of the most effective ways to prevent email from being marked as spam when sending email from the host. Of course, this still can not guarantee 100% that your email will not be marked spam. It also depends on the frequency of sending an email and the content of emails you send any more. Therefore, the only advice is to use email with your own domain name (created on the host) to exchange with your customers, absolutely not used to send bulk email marketing.
Conditions for using DKIM and SPF
To use DKIM and SPF :
Your host must support these two features.
The host must have cPanel and cPanel with Email support.
Set up DKIM and SPF – Fix Email Errors In Spam
1. Log into your host’s cPanel, find Authentication in the Email tab and click on it.
2. In Authentication, you will pay attention to 2 main items: DKIM and SPF. If they are not enabled, activate them.
After activation, you will see the warning (on the orange background) because the system does not authenticate with the DNS domain.
3. Go back to the main interface of cPanel, find the Zone Editor item in the Domains tab and click on it.
4. Select your corresponding domain, click the Manage button, you will see the full list of DNS records of the domain in cPanel. Look for the 2 TXT record as shown below.
5. Go to your domain’s DNS management page, create two TXT records with the same content (copy from step 4).
6. Go back to step 2, check the status of DKIM and SPF. If they are green and the DNS Pass Checked message is displayed, you have successfully set up DKIM, SPF.
7. Now access webmail on cPanel and try to send an email with your own domain to Gmail see how the results. If the email goes directly to Inbox and the email information shown in the image below, it means you were successful. Congratulations!
Hopefully, with this tutorial, you can confidently use email with your own domain name in the cPanel of hosting without having to pay for professional services or lost registration for free email services anymore.